Friday, January 6, 2012

McKenzie Christmas

So while I was in Utah, I brought our Christmas presents for my family. I can't believe how sentimental I get with some of my Christmas presents... I guess that's what happens when you are raised to give the present that "makes mom and dad cry". :) I love it. So I think that is how I usually look at presents now, I want them to mean something. So I made Richard swing the vote my way in the sibling Christmas drawing this year. I asked to have Dan & Judy because we had the perfect idea for them. There is a website that Judy posted on Facebook about adoption for sweet little spirits with Downs Syndrome, called Reeces Rainbow. You can donate some money and give it as an "Angel Tree Dollar" and whoever you give it to, can use that money on a specific kid to help them get a "forever home". So Andy and I gave them an Angel Tree Dollar donation for Christmas. Benson is such a blessing in our lives, and I can't believe that some people would give up these sweet little spirits. So if anyone is able to adopt these little children, then we wanted to help out.

And then I made this sweet frame for Mom and Dad. It is a list of 20 things that they love about each other. This year has been a tough one for them and this was my way of helping them remember, each day, of the love that they have for each other. Love you Mom and Dad.



And then we had to get some family pictures...sorry they are blurry. It was so hard to get a good one with all of the wiggly kids. :)


Haha, I love this one. Those wiggly kids... I love them!

It was so fun to spend the time with my family even though it wasn't quite Christmas yet. I'm so grateful for such amazing parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews. I love them all and just hope that one day we can be rich enough to visit EVERY MONTH (or vice versa...hint hint...) :)





No comments:

Post a Comment