Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What a wonderful day!

First off...let me start off with this picture:

Day I found out I was pregnant
So there I was, going through my pictures and I came across this old picture. You know what I remember feeling when Andy was taking this picture? "Holy crap, stop taking pictures because I'm fat in all of them!" Really... I thought I was fat then?? Oh so funny... because here we are today (well, technically yesterday):

Yesterday...
If I look that good after a few months after baby....man I will be one happy lady! Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy and "love" my pregnant body - but kind of excited to get back to the old me. But at the same time, seriously freaking scared that it's going to take forever... Anyway, this post was not supposed to be about me.

Today is a wonderful day! Would you like to know why? There are two reasons; you see - today marks Andy's one year anniversary at Waggener Edstrom. Yes, it's been a whole year already. Honestly, I don't know where time goes. So yay, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANDY!!

Ya, do you remember that long hair...? :/
But just you wait for reason #2 of why it's a wonderful day. ANDY GOT A PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!! He is now a SENIOR Account Executive. A few months back, we suspected he should be getting a promotion since he's basically doing the work of an SAE, but then last month he had a 1 on 1 with his boss, who basically said "well, since you haven't been here very long, you might not get it" (not his boss's fault, his boss is awesome and pushed and fought for Andy to get it). They were basically saying, well he's been here only a year...blah blah blah. And so his boss went back to them and said Yes, but look how much he has done and accomplished and he's only been here a year. Awesome! So Andy got all sorts of good compliments from people on his team, his boss, and a few other people and they want to see more of him. Awwww I'm so proud of him!

Ever since I started dating Andy, I knew that he would be successful in whatever he did (which, let's be honest, I had NO IDEA what he was getting his degree in, so it literally could have been anything). He just has this confidence about him that lets people know that he knows what he is doing and he will do his very best. When we decided to move to Washington, I knew that he would find a job where he could gain experience and they would just love him. And now look at him, 3 years later - He is 27 years old, has started his career - doing what he got his degree in! - and has a huge path laid out for him to only succeed in the future. I seriously cannot express how proud I am of him. Every single day I think to myself, how did I get so lucky to marry a man who will always and forever provide for our family 100%? And especially now that we have a baby on the way, I am so blessed that I will be able to stay home and take care of little Logan. And that's because Andy works so hard to be successful, and I know he does it for me and our future family. I seriously feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I kind of feel like I'm bragging, I'm sorry...I'm totally not, just trying to express how lucky and blessed I feel to live the life I live. Sometimes I just don't understand what I did to have my Heavenly Father bless me so much, but I hope he knows how grateful I am.

Andy, honey, I love you so much and I am so proud of you. I only see good things for you in the future! You are so amazing at everything you do and I can't wait for Logan to have you for an example of how to grow up, just like you received from your dad. I love you! CONGRATULATIONS!

1 comment: