Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update & Meg's Wedding

Well I've been at my new job for just over a month now. It's been really great. Everyone is very nice and always introduce themselves. There are at least 160 people here at the office so I don't know everyone (yet...), but due to the fact that I have a giant candy bowl sitting right in front of my desk, I think I will get to know just about everyone. :) I'll take some pictures and post them soon. (Oh, and I get my own business cards too! Amazing!) I'm very excited for that. So on my last day at Mechatronics the girls put together a cute little basket with all of my favorite stuff. It was so sweet. So I said my goodbyes and ran out the door so that Andy and I could make our flight to Utah - really didn't have to rush that much, we had plenty of time - but the flight was good, nice and fast. My sweet brother Rich came and picked us up (which I was so glad he did, because I felt like that was the only time we really got to spend with him!) He gave us a quick update on his "dating life" and I'm so happy for him. He's so cute and so happy! We got up the next morning and Mom and I went out to Meg's house to start setting up for the wedding. It was so fun to spend that time with Mom and Meg, I can't remember the last time we were together - laughing, crying and having fun. It was pretty crazy, getting everything all ready. The weather was so hot and I was loving the sun. So finally we got the outside all set up and then had to rush to get all pretty. It was fun being able to get Meg in her dress and veil. She looked so pretty!!! We had to squeeze that little baby inside nice and tight. Haha! We were running a little behind, so all the men and guests were waiting for us. I wasn't there for the rehearsal dinner and I have never had to walk down an aisle before, so I was a little nervous, but it was really easy. It was kind of cool to be able to stand next to my sissy and get to see her and Josh's sweet faces. They are so in love and it made me cry! I love them. The ceremony was really neat and I really like Josh's pastor, who married them. Right after the ceremony and after we got all of the tables and food set up...it starting blowing really hard and started raining like CRAZY! I couldn't believe it. The weather was perfect all day until the reception. So we picked up everything and put it back in the house and just waited for people to come. As they came, so many just said a quick hello to Meg and Josh and then left because the house just wasn't set up (or big enough) to have people sit and chat. It was too bad, but I just kept looking at Meg and she couldn't keep the smile off of her face! She was just so happy, she didn't even care that it was pouring outside. The weather eventually cleared up and we were able to sit and chat with Whit and Janny. It was so good to see them, but I really missed my Linds. It was so weird coming to Utah and not being able to see ALL of my girls. We eventually had to say goodbye and get home. I love seeing all of our family (and actually getting to see my extended family this time too!) It was so fun to see the kids and watching Andy play with them made me so happy! He's so cute. I love those little kids so much, it's crazy to see them growing up so fast. Little Jadee will be baptized next year!! So crazy. I sometimes wish we were able to visit for Christmas because I will have 3 new little babies to see (Linds, Meg, and Shelly) But I am so excited to go on our cruise and I wouldn't trade that for anything! I don't have any pictures to post because I can't find my dang camera cord...I'll keep looking and hopefully I can get some pictures up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kell! I missed seeing you too! It was so sad to know that all of my girls were getting together without me.

    ReplyDelete