Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's a BABY!!!

Hello there, everyone! I've decided to forego a lone post about our latest Utah trip. I feel like there just isn't a lot to tell about it besides about Rich's wedding. But then I don't have any pictures to back it up...so therefore, not going to say much. Rich and Amy's wedding was perfect. They are so cute together and yes, I cried. It was amazing, as usual, to see family and friends. But let's move on to bigger and better things, shall we?

Andy and I are joining the club and having a little baby. Yay!!! Here he/she is (unfortunately we won't find out the gender until December), but we will be calling it a "he" from here on out to make it easier.


Sucking his sweet little thumb
We started really trying earlier this year and we found out that this little one was on its way on August 25th. It was a Saturday and I had taken 2 tests early in the morning, but didn't trust them. So I stopped at Target when I was out and about running errands and just waited until I had to pee again. I made a stop at Ikea and as I was walking in I realized I had to go. I went in to the handicap stall so that I had plenty of room and I waited my 3 minutes to see if I was really pregnant. And this time...I believed it!

Yes, my friends. That is my pee stick. At least there is a cap on it, though...
 I cried and danced around for joy. And then I had to go into the store to finish my shopping...looking like an idiot with a huge smile and tears on my face. Every time I thought about it I would tear up again. And I could not wait to tell Andy!! I finished up my shopping and made the 25 minute trip back home. I got in the house and woke him up from his nap to show him my purchases. I had bought a few shirts and then I bought this little puppy dog. So as I was pulling each item out of my bag, he was getting more and more annoyed. I showed him the puppy and he said "What's that for???" I said it's for our baby! And instantly started crying. It took him a second to understand what I was saying, but when he looked up and saw me crying he just asked "did you test? did you test?" And then we just hugged and kissed and cried. It was so sweet and we couldn't have been happier.

The next weeks that followed were pretty darn stressful. I had had some spotting that was lasting longer than a few days. It never got very heavy, but still seemed abnormal. Unfortunately, I was too early to see anything on an ultrasound, so there really was nothing I could do if I was going to miscarry. So we just had to wait and see...and PRAY! We went in to the doctor at 6 weeks hoping we could see something and hear the heart beat, but we couldn't hear anything. The doctor pointed out the gestational sac and said there was "definitely something in there". That calmed our worries a little bit, but 2 weeks later we had our big check-up and we could see the baby, hear the heartbeat and had no worries after that. We have been ecstatic and just ready to tell the world. We started telling everybody over the next few weeks and that part was way fun. Oh I'll post this video, because I LOVE it and my girls (sorry Linds, at least you were the first "girl" to find out. Does that make it less sad for you that you weren't there?)

 
Now we've had our third ultrasound and everything looks healthy and normal (that's the top picture). It was so fun to see our little baby wiggle and squirm all over the screen. He was stretching out and arching his back. And then the nurse kept pushing him around to get her measurements and he just found his sweet spot and wouldn't budge much after that. Andy and I just stared at the screen and couldn't believe it. I'm sure every other new parent has felt that way. :) Lucky for us, a day after our doctor appointment my parents flew in to town to visit us. So we had a fresh picture of our little baby to share with them. I wanted to get some nice pictures to announce our baby so here's just a few. And also, he is my huge belly! I am so tiny, it's just popping out nice and big! I like it, but it's still kind of in that awkward stage where I could just be getting fatter...or I could be pregnant. So I'm not wearing very tight shirts these days. Also, I should have taken off my belt...it makes me look weird. Sorry about that... :) Anyway, here we go.

Front view with baby
 
Side view with a weird lookin' tush and belly
Aww...

Oh, I should probably mention Andy's mustache. He's growing it out for Movember (for men's health)

Andy loves touching his baby


 
And the whole fam. Should possibly zoom in...oh well.
Anyway, there's some nice pictures and I will try to be faithful with updating monthly or so. I told my parents I would so that they could see my baby belly grow and grow. Andy and I are just so excited and literally could not feel more blessed. Ever since I found out I was carrying this sweet spirit, I have just felt closer to Heavenly Father and feel so lucky to be trusted with one of his sweet angels. It's crazy how something like this just makes you want to be a better person, not just for yourself, but for your baby that you will soon raise and teach. I can't wait and I just hope that I can live up to our Heavenly Father's expectations.

****UPDATE: We are due May 5, 2012. Today I am 14 weeks along, just reached the 2nd trimester! Wahoo!!

7 comments:

  1. So exciting! Congratulations! You will be such a great mom! My sister is due 4 days before you, it will be easy for me to remember when your little one is coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy and excited for you guys! Let me know if there is anything you need help with - like if you need someone to go shopping with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you guys. I hate that movie because all the excitement was over after I got that stupid door open and told Whitney several times that there was a baby in your belly! She was so confused what was going on. I love the cute beach pictures. Did you just take those yourself when your parents came? Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you just need to learn how to open the car door. :) Yep, my mom and dad just took those pictures. That beach is about a 10 minute walk from our house. We love it! Super pretty.

      Delete