Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another Month has gone by...

Or should I say 2 months...maybe 3...Goodness, I am no good at this blogging thing. Thanks to good friends who give me "friendly little hints" that it's time to update. :)

Well, it seems like there is not much going on with Andy and I these days, but the more I look back and think about it, I guess we do actually have a life. My job is going exceptionally better since we hired a new girl and we've become good friends. I feel like I know what I'm doing and don't have to ask as many questions. That's always a good feeling. Andy's internship is going really well. A few weeks ago Andy got a "raise" and is now the proud owner of $200/week. But, where this is only an internship, that is pretty dang good. Andy feels very appreciated at work and often gets compliments on what an amazing job he is doing, especially for only being there for 2 months. His internship is coming to an end in June and at that time his boss will know whether they will hire him part-time or full-time, or if at all. We are anxiously waiting for that time...

In the mean time, it is definitely baseball season...and soccer season...and hockey playoffs. It's amazing that I even know what's going on in this world besides sports! Andy and I have gone to a few Mariner's games and they have been AWESOME!! I am definitely a Seattle Mariner's fan, big time. Cliff Lee...mmmm... Even though they haven't been doing so hot lately, it's still fun to go to the games and support, oh and of course, get Ken Griffey Jr bobble-heads (we have two out of three, gonna get the third in a few weeks). Now soccer on the other hand, I am not very familiar with, but going to Seattle Sounders games have been...well...they've been okay. Apparently they're not playing as well as they were last year and fans are disappointed, but hopefully they'll continue to get better as the season goes on, especially since we have season tickets. I do have to say, that Seattle fans are very loyal and crazy, it's fun to be a part of that.

I was lucky enough to get to go home to Utah a few weeks ago. It was a short trip, just the weekend, but it was packed with fun. :) My brother, Dan, had just finished his army training down in Arizona and the family planned a trip up to my sister-in-laws trailer in Bear Lake. My dad really wanted me to be there (he says it was for me to see Dan before he goes to Iraq, but I know it was because of his own selfish reasons, haha), so he and my mom paid for my plane ticket. We couldn't afford another ticket for Andy to join me, which, let me tell you was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. It was our first time being apart since we've been married and I cried...a lot. But, when I wasn't thinking about Andy, I was enjoying being with my family. We had so much fun, laughing so hard that my face and head hurt! I love when that happens! I just love my family so much and it's hard not to see them every month, but when I do see them, we make up for lost time. The weather was not swimming weather by any means, but I love Bear Lake, no matter what. So many good memories there...

I'm hoping that the month of May flies by! Because one of my best friends, Jan, is coming home from her mission in June. Just like it was hard for me to be away from Andy for 2 days, it has been crazy hard to be apart from Janny for 18 months! I can't wait to see her and my other girls! Luckily, this trip will be a little bit longer so I can spend more time with everyone.

I sometimes feel like I'm writing in a diary or something after I get done with a post. I feel like I need to start with a "Dear Diary" and end with a "well that's it for today, I'll write more tomorrow. Love, Kellie". But that just seems weird, so I guess I'll just leave it at that... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment